This is a really great go to low carb alternative to carbo’licious goodness that is Pizza! Get your fix with this healthier version!
- 1 lb ground (raw) chicken breast – about 3 small boneless breasts, chopped in food processor
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 cup Mozzarelle, freshly shredded (part skim)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Cup Pizza Sauce or Pasta Sauce (low sugar if you want)
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, optional
- Your choice of toppings, keep it light – Perhaps low fat Pepperoni
- Preheat over to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Combine ground chicken with 1/4 cup parmesan, 1/4 cup mozzarella, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp oregano.
- Place mixture onto the parchment paper and pat into a flat rectangle or disc. Cover with plastic wrap and evenly press or roll the chicken into the shape you desire. A rolling pin is handy for this or you can use a can veggie or anything cylinder in shape to press the mixture down evenly. I usually press it quite thin as I like a thinner crust and it helps to crisp it up some.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Bake until golden 12 to 15 minutes. I usually check on it from time to time and flip once I see it’s cooked enough to do so. I may flip it several times and bake longer if needed. Be careful not to over bake it as you’re going to return it to oven once you put toppings on it.
- Once crust is done, remove from oven and top with sauce, scatter 1/4 cup Parmesan, 3/4 cup Mozzarella, layer with toppings and season with oregano, little salt, little pepper and red pepper flakes if you’d like.
- Place back in oven and cook until melted and bubbly (about 6 to 10 mins). Enjoy!
Inspired by: Bariatric Eating